Monday, March 05, 2007

Chairs ...


Spring term Week 8 at Art School

Sometime last week I drew the two chairs that Sunshine and I have temporarily inherited from his parents while they are away overseas. They are lovely old things full of character and are known as "Grandpa chair" and "Grandma chair" - I think they're from his mum's side of the family. I really liked how they came out and wanted to do some much larger versions. So I bought some wallpaper lining paper, and made an acetate copy of the chairs.

Hung the paper on the wall, and set up the acetate on an overhead projector - to enlarge the image. Then I set about copying my enlarged image. I now have a couple of rather large pencil drawings of the chairs and some plans that include stitching, plates, and paints ... watch this space!

No comments: