Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bookforms

We spent the last two days on a bookforms workshop. I made something titled 'Choreosophy in Blue'. Choreosophy is Greek, meaning 'the wisdom of circles' and my book is based on circles. Our brief had been to make something with just shapes and colours, no text, but thinking about pacing, rhythm, and structure. There were some really creative things that people managed to make in a day and a half. Here's mine:













This is what the whole thing looks like all concertina-ed out.


More pictures (with some macro shots) here.

I also did a small mock-up of another book which is a looping story of shapes and colours.



6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your book is STUNNING! Your use of the form is wonderful and I love the pop ups. You have a "pop up" mind.

Camilla said...

wow!

Carole said...

This must have taken *ages*! What an amazing design. I was at the Leeds Book Fair last Friday, and there were not that many books that were this colourful and imaginative. At least, if there were, I must have missed them. :)

Dilkey said...

WOW Myth this is soooo beautiful!! I can't really express my amazement enough. I feel ultra proud to be your Ammu.Keep stunning me.Love.

Kerstin Klein said...

wow. this is phantastic. makes me want to look at it closer.

Gesa said...

ohohoh... how very cool is this book! i hadn't been looking for a few days, otherwise i would have linked to your post - i've been doing this found paper project and just made up my mind that concertina book would be a good one form to use... but these popups looks far more accomplished than what i had in mind... lol