Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mendhi


Just something I painted for a couple of birthdays and a wedding coming up. Have been really into hands lately and so did this henna one in guache, then scanned it in and tweaked the colours a bit to make it clearer and more vibrant; then printed them out on hot-pressed watercolour paper. The printing-on-watercolour-paper works a treat!


Also, I'm setting this up on Monday to publish itself on Tuesday evening (as I don't want to spoil the surprise for the print recipients). I'll be in London by the time this appears ... hope this works ...

7 comments:

Adele said...

Oh so cool! I had henna done on my hands when I was in Morocco this spring. So beautiful. Have fun in London!

Claudine said...

I thought you might like these
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5113661
BTW
Lurvely orange and green hands dahling.

caseytoussaint said...

This is a great image - the colors just pop off the page. I'm intrigued by your technique - what kind of a printer do you use?

mrana said...

Beautiful! Love the vibrant colour.

/// said...

Oh gosh... total creativity, Mithi. Jealous over here. :)

Will you paint something for MY birthday?? Oh I hope, I hope, i Hope!

Anonymous said...

wonderfull colours, hope london is good

Unknown said...

This was the best wedding card I received. I showed it to Ehsan last, after I showed him the rest, so I can take my time and tell him about it. He was amazed! And I have it framed in my apartment. Thanks for our very own personal card. It was the best gift!