Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cultural jazz (!?)




I thought I'd better update you on the "Culture" project for the Process and Practice module. Its still very much in development, but its slowly moving along.

You might remember from this where I was drawing bacteria - well the tutors wanted me to get out of my comfort zone and asked me to put the bacteria out-of-context... I've found this very VERY hard but have slowly (after much random sketching) come to the idea of a micro-organism jazz band (because I love jazz music). Above are some very crude initial ideas and sketches ... hopefully I can develop this further into a full blown project ...

(yes, that's E.coli Fitzgerald, Louis Amoebastrong and Helicobacter Pianolory .... I am so geeky)

3 comments:

Adele said...

Mithi... I nearly cried from laughter!! And I totally had them identified as E.coli Fitzgerald, Louis Ameobastrong and Helicobacter Pianolory... Ok, so what I actually did was look at it and think "Is that Ameoba playing the Trumpet? Kind of reminds me of Louis Armstrong... oh... right. It's supposed to. I get it now." But it was still very funny!

Alison said...

This could be a lot of fun,

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaahahhhaahahaha.

I LOVE your blog. And this is probably one of the best posts EVER.