As promised, this years graduating class ... The show at college is on till this Thursday the 25th; and then they are exhibiting twice in London: with UWE graphic design at D&AD New Blood (Olympia National Hall 29 June - 1 July), and their own little London show at the Coningsby Gallery (PV 6 July; show till 10 July). DON'T MISS IT!
I've tried my best to get everyone's internet presence - but I'm still missing a few that I'm chasing up and will update as soon as I know; and a few of them have a rather sparse presence (empty blog) at the moment - but give them a couple of months for the all the shows and things to be over, and I'm sure content will arrive in droves ...
ps, my favs in bold ;)
SAM BETTS - blog
SAM BEVINGTON - website
BEN BRAY - blog
CHRISTINE BOUNSALL - blog
LOUISE BURROWS - blog
MARCUS BUTT - website blog
ARTHUR BUXTON - blog
JENNA CAMBELL - blog
LUCY DRISCOLL - blog
SARAH GRICE - blog
JESSIE HARLIN - blog
BECKI HARPER - blog
AMY HARDY - blog
TOM HUNT - website
RYAN HODGE - blog
SALLY HOLT - blog
BILLY LAU - blog
ASHLEY LE QUERE - blog
KATE CRAGOE MAYFIELD - blog
ZANNY MELLOR - website
NINA MIDGELEY - blog
MADALENA MONIZ - blog
JAKE OTTON - blog
FRIDTJOF LEIVESTAD OLSEN - website
JAMES PETER DAVIS - blog
MARY ROUNCEFIELD - website
RICHARD SANDERSON - website
LYDIA STARKEY - website
HOLLY STOVES - blog
SARA THIELKER - website
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Oh, my ... I have really been neglecting this blog lately, haven't I? Very very sorry - but since the end of hand-ins I've dived straight back into wedding planning ... yes, just over a month to go before I become Mrs Sunshine - and I can't wait!
In the last few weeks I have been:
Writing lists and filling calendars - and ticking things off ...
Starting on some table arranging - oh yes, colour coded guests!
Collecting lots of glassware (well, I've been charity shop hopping for the last 6 months actually).
Dabbling in some wedding crafts (no, there will be no blue fluffy things at the wedding - I was just practising making some of these, and blue tissue paper was all that I had on hand at the time).
All this amongst trying to give the house a good spring cleaning, and many other to-do list things ... everytime I get something done, it appears more things pop-up on my list - at least I'm really enjoying it :)
The rest of this week will be handing in my dissertation proposal form for next year; writing my graduate development programme 500 word evaluation of the year; helping the 3rd years set up their degree show; and then on Friday working the private view of the show as a student ambassador. And that'll be officially it for college this year. Hopefully I'll put up a list of this years graduates here sometime next week like I did last year. In the meantime enjoy your summer everyone!
Sunday, June 07, 2009
I was tagged yesterday by Lynne (Skully); and although I tend not to partake in these chain tagging things (and hence will probably not be tagging anyone forward), this one gave me the great excuse to talk about what I did yesterday ... so here goes!:
"8 things challenge"
1. Mention the name of the person who tagged you - Lovely Lynne at Autonomous Artisans.
2. Do the lists of 8. See below
3. Tag 8 bloggers of your choice. - Thinking about how I might get round this...
4. Let them know that they have been tagged!
8 Things I'm looking forward to:
1. July 18th 2009
2. Becoming Mrs Sunshine :)
3. Having my parents, sister, grandma, great aunt, and several aunts and uncles all together at the same place.
4. Seeing all our friends - especially the ones we haven't seen in a while and/or are coming from far far away.
5. Introducing them all to each other.
6. Being overexcited.
7. Getting to wear our rings.
8. It being sunny (fingers crossed!)
*** OK, so I guess it's a bit of a cheat to have ALL the things I'm looking forward to be effectively the same thing ...; but hey, I'm SO looking forward to it! ***
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Visited the Jamaica Street Studios open studios.
2. Met one of my favourite local illustrators, Bjorn Rune Lie.
3. Bought a Norwegian children's book and some blue tree prints.
4. Pottered round the Bristol Design Festival.
5. Saw Sunshine's students degree show, "Future This".
6. Visited the Bristol Festival of Nature.
7. Saw some owls:
8. And got to cuddle the most adorably cute and docile skunk on the planet :)
*** Busy weekend in Bristol, ain't it? ***
8 Things I wish I could do:
1. Guarantee good weather for the 18th of July 2009
2. Have all the friends who can't come, for whatever reasons (and they're quite good reasons... but still); come to the wedding.
3. Get better faster at drawing/painting/illustrating.
4. Develop a self-consistent illustrating style /visual language.
5. Cook like my momma :)
6. Be able to take Sunshine away for a well deserved long holiday :)
7. Be as fit as I used to be when I was dancing 7 nights a week.
8. Dance around in our dining room .... no, wait, I CAN do that ;)
8 Shows I Watch:
Erm ... we have no telly, and so we don't really watch any shows ... instead I'm going to direct you to some things I think worth having a look at in the interfishynetwebs :)
1. TED talks.
2. The Do Lectures.
3. Pop-tech popcasts.
4. Makezine TV.
5. Craftzine podcasts.
6. Etsy Storque videos.
7. UCBerkeley youtube channel.
8. Stanford University youtube channel.
My 8 tagged bloggers are:
Again, I don't really want to tag people to do this, but this seems like a good excuse to re-direct my readers to some of our oh so lovely and talented friends (not all bloggers) ...
1. Jen Jen
Other artsy friends
5. The Frase - Fab illustrator and swing dancer
6. The Bees Knees (Jo and Aila) - More fab dancers
7. Intrika (Ana and Frix) - Jugglers and mischief makers! Oh yes, they make great clothes too :)
8. Charlie Caper - magician, juggler, swing dancer. And an overall lovely fellow ...
That's alllllllllllllllllll ...
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Dancing doodles (inspired by these lovely talented friends of mine) done whilst trying to keep myself awake at the marathon - 9 hours! - presentation session yesterday ...
Good show though, everyone did really well and I'm looking forward to seeing how people's work progresses next year ... wayhay, bring on the summer!
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Here's what I've been up to this semester - a children's book about a little girl who dances with her toys and imagines being in far off places. I think it still needs a lot of work - but I am happy with where I got to at this stage. Hopefully this will get a mawling by the tutors and can be 110% improved for Macmillan next April.
That's it for this term, and this academic year - apart from presentations tomorrow, and some paperwork that needs filling in for next year's dissertation; I'm mostly done with college till October ... phew! Just a wedding to organise and the rest of my life to plan out ...