Sunday, November 22, 2009

Erm, I won?


Remember this? Well, my piece was one of the ones chosen to be displayed at the Arnolfini Gallery. And not only that, I found out yesterday that mine has been chosen as the overall winner by judges Amelia Gregory of Amelia's Magazine, Fiona Hamilton of Soma Gallery, and the people from Platform who are running the current 100 days (to the Climate Change Conference) season at the Arnolfini. I won a copy of Gaia Warriors and a (being printed as we speak) copy of Amelia's Anthology of Illustration- "featuring renewable technologies to prevent catastrophic climate change".

I was quite surprised to win, to tell you the truth - but am very glad I did ... and it comes at the perfect time as my dissertation that I'm working on at the moment (and why there has been almost no activity on the blog recently), is all about how illustrators can engage with social/ethical/environmental/sustainability issues.

If all goes to plan, Platform will be using my imagery as part of the literature surrounding this.

*The 10 posters will be on display at the Arnolfini (upstairs) till the end of the week if you want a peek :)

16 comments:

pearl said...

Well done mithi!! Congratulations!!

Tiara said...

congrats!!

Malgorzata said...

Well done Mithi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Camilla said...

Congratulations! I was talking to my (future) MA course leader about how important it is for curators to think about sustainability and ethics when putting together shows- seems like there's a lot of it about. Well done you!

Anonymous said...

The poster is brilliant, the illustration is gorgeous too.

Well deserved Mithi, congrats.

-Srikrishna

Mad Cat Marion said...

How fab! Congrats!!

(And good luck with climbing the dissertation mountain.)

Anonymous said...

always knew how pandai you were, sp not surprised the rest of the world is finding out too! congrats!

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

yay!

Emma said...

Congrats Mithi - that's great news! Well done!

Maggie said...

Oh well done Mithi! What fantastic news! I'm so chuffed for you. Very well deserved - your illustrations are really fantabulous. :-)

The reason I haven't been blogging for so long is we've been house hunting. We think we'll be exchanging this week, with just 2 weeks to completion. I'm so excited, it has a lovely garden, and we can see the river in the distance from the bedrooms.

Pictures on Flickr (liverpool-leftovers, and look for the set called Maybe a new house?) if you're interested.

Good luck with your dissertation - I bet you'll be glad to have it done and dusted.

Best wishes and congratulations from Liverpool,

Maggie

claire platt said...

your piece was amazing so I'm not surprised you won! That is awesome news though! Massive congrats! !!

Unknown said...

Hi ! Well done ! Congratulation ! I was on it too ( the green one "rbs has to change ! ") but i was'nt here ( I'm from france but living in Canada) ! ! Great for you !

sdfgshhhdgth said...

Hey Mithi well done that's really great news x x x x

Ben Newman said...

Congrats, Mithi! I'll pop in and have a look this week.

Anonymous said...

Excellent work Mithi!!! Well deserved

Nikki said...

SUPER DUPER CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!